Ways to Give
SKECHERS Friendship Walk
Sunday, October 27th – 8am at Manhattan Beach Pier
Help us raise $250,000 for Torrance Education Foundation and TUSD schools. OUR GOAL IS TO ENLIST 3,000 Walkers and Virtual Walkers from Torrance and TUSD in 2019!
Last year, more than 2,500 people walked (many virtually) for TUSD Teams. TEF received $220,000 in SKECHERS Friendship Walk proceeds. We thank SKECHERS, and CEO Michael Greenberg, for their generosity – see Michael Greenberg’s letter to TUSD families. These funds directly supported Torrance Schools and other Education Initiatives for students in Torrance Unified School District.
How you can help:
- REGISTER for Team TEF – support all our Torrance Schools
- REGISTER for your TUSD School Team – See our list of TUSD school teams
To sign-up and support your TUSD school team, click the link on our list and complete your registration. Your $30 payment will directly support your Team.
Important things to know:
- BE SURE to click “JOIN TEAM” so that you register as a Walker or Virtual Walker. Do not click “Donate”, you will not be counted toward our 3,000 Walker goal.
- Select “Torrance Education Foundation” to benefit from your registration, so your participation is counted for our school district, TUSD.
- 100% of your registration fee will directly benefit your school.
- TEF will make an additional direct contribution of $1,000 to any TUSD School that signs up 100 or more Walkers (including Virtual Walkers).
- You can register family members during one registration – click “Register Family Member” on the Registration Summary page.
- You can raise additional funds for your team by enlisting family and friends to register, too.
- Anyone, anywhere, can register to be a “Virtual Walker” – attendance at the Walk is not necessary!
- TEF will receive a grant from Skechers Foundation based on how many walkers sign up for Torrance Teams – so we encourage you to ENLIST FRIENDS and be sure to JOIN TEAM and select TORRANCE EDUCATION FOUNDATION as your registration beneficiary so we can count you in our numbers!
Want to Register by mail? DOWNLOAD a printable form you can mail.
Have questions or need more information? Contact your TUSD school’s TEF Ambassador.
Or contact us at (310) 320-7232, or Admin@TEF4kids.org.