Mission and FAQ
Torrance Education Foundation (TEF) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity organized in the early 1990s to unite the Torrance community in financially supporting our award-winning public schools.
Our investors and partners allow us to fulfill our purpose of
• promoting academic excellence for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in the Torrance Unified School District (TUSD);
• recognizing outstanding teachers, staff, and contributors to education;
• developing strategic alliances with business organizations, parents, and the community;
• nurturing innovation and curiosity;
• championing an inspirational, well-rounded education for all young people served by the TUSD.
Every Torrance student has access to ample educational resources to learn, grow, thrive, and succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Education Foundation?
What does the Foundation do?
How does the Torrance Education Foundation operate?
Will the Foundation affect the school budget or my taxes?
How can the City of Torrance and the community at large benefit from TEF? I have no children. The schools do not affect me.
We all benefit from improved schools and exceptional educational opportunities for students. Great Schools = Stronger Students = Thriving Community.
How do I contribute to TEF, either with time or money?
Every school year, there are many ways to support the work of Torrance Education Foundation.
- Become a member of TEF Annual Fund with a tax-deductible gift.
- Host a membership coffee or cocktail party to introduce TEF to your friends and neighbors.
- In the fall, become a registered walker for a TEF Team in the annual Skechers Pier-to-Pier Friendship Walk.
- Attend, sponsor, or contribute an auction item to the TEF annual gala benefit. Feel free to email us for an invitation.
- Purchase raffle tickets for the Spectacular Car Raffle, held every Spring.
- Invite TEF to speak to your service club, business networking group, or church group.
- Include TEF as a beneficiary of your estate plan. Your legacy gift to the TEF Endowment will help Torrance students for years to come.
- Contact us to learn more about TEF volunteer opportunities.
For additional information, call (310) 320-7232 or email us.
TEF is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible.