Mission and FAQ
Torrance Education Foundation (TEF) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity organized in the early 1990s to unite the Torrance community in financially supporting our award-winning public schools.
Our investors and partners allow us to fulfill our purpose of
• promoting academic excellence for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in the Torrance Unified School District (TUSD);
• recognizing outstanding teachers, staff, and contributors to education;
• developing strategic alliances with business organizations, parents, and the community;
• nurturing innovation and curiosity;
• championing an inspirational, well-rounded education for all young people served by the TUSD.
Every Torrance student has access to ample educational resources to learn, grow, thrive, and succeed.
Download our “About TEF” Portfolio (34 pp.)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Education Foundation?
What does the Foundation do?
How does the Torrance Education Foundation operate?
Will the Foundation affect the school budget or my taxes?
How can the City of Torrance and the community at large benefit from TEF? I have no children. The schools do not affect me.
We all benefit from improved schools and exceptional educational opportunities for students. Great Schools = Stronger Students = Thriving Community.
How do I contribute to TEF, either with time or money?
- Become a member of TEF Annual Fund with a tax-deductible gift.
- Host a membership coffee or cocktail party to introduce TEF to your friends and neighbors.
- In the fall, become a registered walker for a TEF Team in the annual Skechers Pier-to-Pier Friendship Walk (Sunday, October 28, 2018).
- Attend, sponsor, or contribute an auction item to the TEF annual gala benefit held every spring. The 25th Anniversary Silver Gala Benefit and Auction will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2019. Feel free to email us for an invitation.
- Purchase raffle tickets for the 2019 Spectacular Toyota Car Raffle, held every Spring.
- Invite TEF to speak to your service club, business networking group, or church group.
- Include TEF as a beneficiary of your estate plan. Your legacy gift to the TEF Endowment will help Torrance students for years to come.
- Contact us to learn more about TEF volunteer opportunities.
Torrance Education Foundation
20695 S. Western Ave., Suite 141
Torrance, CA 90501